What Do You Do When Life Forces You to Change?
It’s finally starting to settle in that things have changed, your salon business and the world is going to look a very different place once this pandemic is all over.
For many of us, this is becoming a period of painful “forced transformation.” Let's face it, all of us have areas in our lives that we want to change.
But change is rarely easy.
This prompted me to share with you, a small part of a very powerful email I received from one of my coaches & mentors...
Mike Dillard is his name and he is one, I am constantly learning from and extremely grateful he has entered my life.
I hope you get as much value from this like I have.
These steps will help you handle the changes we are all going through. This can be used at home with your family and in your business with your team.
These are practical actions you can start to implement today.
1. You must take control of your thoughts.
Turn off the news, and mute anyone on social media that’s feeding your fear. Fear keeps you stuck in a mental space where you only have three options…
Fight, Flight, Freeze.
None of these will improve your life in a way or lead you to a positive outcome.
2. Journal. Write down everything you are feeling every night before you go to bed.
Write down your insecurities; your fears; your anger; your resentment… All of it. Get it out of your body and onto paper because this is a part of letting go.
3. Next, write down what you’re learning about yourself. Awareness is necessary for change.
4. Write down the vision for the new life you want to create in as much detail as possible.
Dreams don’t cost anything so dream BIG. You’re being given a second chance to start over right now…
If you could do anything in the world, what would you do? GO FOR IT.
5. Create a plan … Write down one thing you can do tomorrow that will allow you that
Vision to life in the years to come. What skills do you need to acquire? What knowledge do you need to gain? Who do you need to learn from?
6. Take action daily. It could be as simple as reading the chapter of a book or completing of a lesson in a course, exercising, changing your diet, or creating Page 1. of that product or book you’ve always wanted to create.
Daily action creates momentum, momentum creates a reinforcement of the decision you’ve made in your mind (new habit) and new habits create lasting transformation.
7. Be patient. This will take longer than you want right now, but when it’s over and you’re looking back at this time, it will feel like a distant memory.
And in front of you will be a new set of possibilities..
I know how you feel,
I’ve been there too.
And when this is over, you’re going to be better than you were before. It might look and feel differently than before.
Till next time...